Maximizing potential through targeted career and education supports
Future Link appreciates the generosity of the
Wolpoff Family Foundation whose ongoing support has made our seminar possible.
Our 14-week seminar is held on the Rockville campus of Montgomery College during the fall and spring semesters. With an emphasis on workplace understanding, class discussions focus on:
- Career Research and Exploration
- Setting Goals, Creating a Plan, and Implementing
- Identifying Strengths and Effectively Communicating Them to Others
- How Systems and Organizations Work
- Depersonalizing Issues: Recognizing the Needs and Perspectives of Others
- Finding Mentors and Allies
- Self-Advocacy in Educational and Workplace Environments
- The Importance of Communication
- The Professional Self on Paper, Online, and In Person
In addition, guest speakers address in-demand careers, mentoring, and college resources. During the semester and after thorough preparation, each student conducts an informational interview with a professional in their career field of interest. Mid-semester, a Career Day is hosted by a local company to expose the students to the various opportunities right here in Montgomery County.
self-advocacy skills and career development seminar